Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sartorial Sunday: Pixie cuts

Last weekend, the Herald Sun ran an article titled Melbourne women dare to go short beginning with the words 'The love affair with long hair is over'. As one with very short locks, this is music to my ears. Eventually everyone's style comes into fashion. Might as well bask in your sartorial genius before the tides turn.

I first had the big chop in 2005 but grew it out for our wedding in 2008. Last December I ditched the long locks again and I'm still enjoying this easy, breezy style. Here are some of my fave very short or pixie haircuts. Some of them are on some of my favourite celebs, some just have really good cuts ;)


Natalie Portman


Audrey Tautou
Michelle Williams
Emma Watson
Kate Moss
Keira Knightly
Victoria Beckham
Sienna Miller
Pink
Sarah Murdoch (when she was O'Hare)
Winona Ryder
And some other golden oldies proving that this style is timeless.

 Twiggy
Audrey Hepburn
And moi in April, reading at SJC's wedding in Bali.In my next life, I'll be gutsier and do a Ruby Rose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...