Sunday, July 18, 2010

I love this city


It is a truth universally acknowledged that this little blogger prefers staying up to waking up. There are few exceptions to this, and by few I mean next to none. An early flight to a holiday destination is just bearable if the sun rises mid-flight or a bird's eye view of that hopeful, misty and mystical time of the world awakening is visible. About the only other time I like getting up early is for similar reasons when camping. Perhaps it's the country girl in me, but I love the calm silence and beauty of the bush as everything starts to wake.

Today, we were in the city by 7am to get the Mister to the Run Melbourne half marathon starting line. As thousands of runners ran off into the darkness, I watched the city come alive and remembered how much I love this city. Although far from the bush of my childhood, the view through my phone's camera lens at this wee hour was enough to make my heart sing. For a night owl, that is saying something.



Running 21.1km is not on my list of things to do in life, but I'm very happy and proud of my Mister Running Boy, and the many other admirable half marathoners, for putting one foot in front of the other, over and over and over, until the end is in sight.


Whatever your dream, the will to achieve and the devotion to making it happen will propel you forward, way past the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...